Saturday 16 January 2010

London Wetland Centre Love London Recycled Sculpture Show

I went up to WWT the London Wetland Centre, the wildfowl reserve in Barnes, to help make a film of the Love London Recycled Sculpture Show which I curated. Ron den Daas from Canada is shown below adjusting his Golden Tree a.k.a What's it worth. This refers to the myth of King Midas who had his wish that everything he touched should turn to gold. Ron has painted plastic bottles gold with widlfowl depicted on each to hang from the tree made with old pipes. He wielded the camera and I spoke. Fortunately the planes to nearby Heathrow were on a different flight path while we did it. I also met there another of the exhibitors, Gilbert Whyman. This was a photograph of his Crocodile which I took in the autumn. Today there was ice and therefore no reflections. Gilbert and I discussed ideas for horse sculptures in the Horseworld sculpture exhibition I am curating in the summer at the Horseworld horse sanctuary near Bristol. We plan something that can include an element of public performance for the Open Day there on May 9th.


No comments:

Post a Comment