Saturday 14 January 2012

Morphy Richards vacuum cleaner to morph as sculpture


This is the remains of my new Morphy Richards vacuum cleaner which I will use as a head for a sculpture of a humanoid as it is suitably anthropomorphic. It is useless as a vacuum cleaner because the tube for conveying the dust to the cylinder curves inside the head and is therefore impossible to clear if it gets blocked which it will do sooner or later. I tried wrangling with Kand Co who sold it to me. They passed me on to Morphy Richards who told me to unblock it with wire. Believe me it is impossible. So Morphy will have to morph. It makes a good head for one of a little tribe of humanoids I will be making for a sculpture trail with my fellow artists of the Scraptor Sculpture Group at the Magdalen Project n 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment