Monday 27 July 2009

Volkswagen Man

My first blog. I am almost on holiday after a frantic few weeks setting up exhibitions and meeting deadlines for commissions. I managed to start tidying up my garden and this sculpture reappeared from being almost buried in the shoots of the lime tree. My garden is full of such creatures.

For one of the exhibtions which I am curating Horsepower at Horseworld near Bristol, Dean Williams rang to say that he was proceeding well with his rearing life sized horse covered with old CD's.

I spend a lot of day on computer. A bit of marketing. I am looking for a venue of a sculpture to be filmed for a TV programme. I was approached by a film company that is pitching - they wanted a wacky sculptor to appeal to primary school children and I am just the man .This is only a project so far but these things hapen at last moment and fast if they do. Best to be prepared. I make eyes at various stately homes open to public.

Volkswagen Man has eyes of VW hubcaps as well bonnet and boot.





No comments:

Post a Comment